Best Night Ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i joined my aquarium society last night, i went to my first meeting ever. It was great, but what was more great about it was the raffle!!

I bought 9 tickets for 5 dollars and won :

-a 15gal tank (in very good shape)
-3 golden wonder killifish(one male two females)
-5 tiny little boseman rainbows

The bosemans are only like 1/2" long. The killis are about an inch long so all are still young. I am getting the 15gal setup for a killis species tank.

BTW, i am welcoming suggestions for this tank.

The bosemans are in my 5gal until i get a 50gal which they will be happier in.

Overall it was a great night, great people, great fun. :D

Nice deal!!! I have been meaning to join my aquarium club for a while now.

Killifish are jumpers, so watch them closely when the lid is open.

oh, i sure will, these ones grow up to 6" so do you think i will need to upgrade?

The killis are awsome, there is one that i dont think is even a golden wonder killi, it is the smallest out of all of them (about 3/4") and has vertical stripes running down it. It has red lining around its find and i different shaped dorsal fin. I will try to get a pic

What are the nitrates in your other tanks and your tap water? By the way for the future no need to use old tank water. It contains little or no bacteria, you are just moving dirty water.

well, i did my water changes today and just thought i would dump the water in there, dunno why, lol. I know id doesnt help much.

In my planted tank nitrates are 0
in my 10gal nitrates are 10
in my 20gal nitrates are about 30(i know thats a little high)
tap is 0 nitrate.

:?

Jason ! I'm so happy for you - congrats on the win and congrats on joining the aquarium club. Sounds like you had alot of fun ! You made my day through your happiness !

Congratuations! Not only did you win cool stuff but you supported your local club with your raffle tickets. A win win situation.

OK, you can have added the nitrate into the new tank from your established tank. Your established tank has been converting ammonia into nitrate for some time, and the nitrate level might have crept up. To solve this riddle, you need to do a nitrate test on your tap water, your established tanks, and your new tank. Yes, your tap water can have nitrate in it.

Back
Top Bottom