Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-14-2006, 10:08 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My goldfish love oranges too. The first time I gave it to them they looked at me like "what is That?" I let it stay in the tank for 3 days (I know I know) did a water change and most of the orange was gone when I took it out, and yes I fed them normally too.
Now when I give an orange, it is gone pretty darn quickly. I give some to my community tank too, they like it, but not as much as the goldfish do.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:57 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Viperboy
Where is new life spectrum sold ... i have looked for it at petco, petsmart, and petland and cant find it .... and which would be the best to feed as a staple for my community tank with bolivian rams , serpae tetras, bronze cories, swordtails, and a pleco ... i really wanna get off these tetra foods i have been using

Ray

Old 06-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to DarylF2 Send a message via Yahoo to DarylF2
My local pet stores (as well as the local PetCo) have a fairly limited range of brands: TetraMin, Wardley, and some Hikari...

I've had issues with Wardley flakes clouding the water (even if I feed lightly), so I but TetraMin tropical flakes. For sinking pellets I usually buy Wardley. For dried worms and such, I buy Hikari is possible, or Wardley if Hikari is unavailable.

I may ask the nice local pet store if they can start carrying New Life Spectrum.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:37 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
For my cichlids, I have started with Aquarian brand pellet, as well as their Krill for my SW. Both have gone over real well. Seems like a quality brand, maybe worth a try.

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:38 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

The most important thing with food in my opinion is to feed a variety. Definitely don't pick one brand/type of food and only feed that. My fish love bloodworms, krill, peas, zuchinni, and they absolutely go insane for live crickets.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:49 AM   #16
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperboy
Where is new life spectrum sold ... i have looked for it at petco, petsmart, and petland and cant find it .... and which would be the best to feed as a staple for my community tank with bolivian rams , serpae tetras, bronze cories, swordtails, and a pleco ... i really wanna get off these tetra foods i have been using

Ray
Big Al's Online is where I got my NLS food.

I also feed many types of flake, freeze-dried, frozen, and pelleted foods. NLS is the staple though.
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
RoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:30 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Can find NLS on ebay.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

For flake I use TetraMin Tropical Crisps.

Krill,tubifex worms I use Hikari

Crumbles,food sticks and cichlid sticks I use TeraCichlid

Frozen foods are usually San Francisco Bay brand

Plus I feed them earthworms every Friday.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:20 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

For flake, I feed Omega One. For sinking wafer, I've found Hikari to cloud the water the least, and they last several hours so everyone is sure to get some--my Ancistrus is a hog.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:50 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

The flake food I really like is TetraMin tropical crisps. all of the flakes are just about the same size and they have 3 types. 1 designed for color, 1 designed for growth and 1 designed for health. I don't know how much of a diffirance it is between each flake but I like to think it helps keep my fish alive while cycling if I only feed them the ones for health lol

Tags
food

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com