Best Place to Purchase Large Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lithium

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Don’t know if this is the right place for this, but what’s the best place to get large glass aquariums? By large I mean 180 gallons (72 x 24 x 24) and 120 gallons (48 x 24 x 24). It’s important that they by glass, because they well be used for turtles, as well as fish. I need a standard tank, something like this:
Aq180Blk.jpg

Craigslist will get you the best price for sure. Often times people just want the big tank out if their house and they're willing to let it go cheap. The downside with Craigslist is that you don't really have any recourse if the tank springs a leak a month later.

Buying new, you'll have a warranty to fall back on, but you'll end up paying waaaay more.

You can often order online, but you can also go to a specialty aquarium store and see if they'll special order what you want (if they don't happen to have one in stock already).

Hope this helps some.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Past that you can get glass from a window shop and build your own. I know it's possible, but I don't know how.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My LFS sells 125, 120 and 180 gallon tanks? Also I have found lots of 125g and a 210g on craigs list, like people said they usually are going for cheap found a 210 for $500 and a 125 for $150.

Definitely craigslist, also check free local classifieds online. Several craigslisters actually informed me they pick most tanks off of tree lawns on trash night.
I have had many a friends ask pet shops if they have any used in back to sell as smaller stores sell them off regularly if you ask. Finally, yard sales, I've got amazing finds- 150 gal paid $50
As long as you clean it well, these are good resources. Also you can strike deals if you see the seams loose inside or they say it does not hold water. I use a clear, waterproof , aquarium safe caulk and I've never had an issue even with previously leaky tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom