best places to buy aquarium supplies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flyjawn

Aquarium Advice Activist
besides big al's and drs foster and smith, where else you do buy your supplies?

i see a lot of places online but it's hard to tell who is reputable...

I generally buy most non fish items at Petsmart -

Be sure to print off their online pricing though, as the store prices are MUCH higher.

For instance, I just bought an XP3 for 104.99 when the shelf price said 179.99 because I printed the page from their site...

james are you in canada or the US? petsmart online prices are all US pricing even if you go to the canadian website. :(

I am in the US. I have heard great things about Big Als though as Fishy mentioned.

PetSmart here too. If you go to Amazon.com/Petsmart you might get some of the free shipping too.

I buy supplies from BigAls Online and Drs Foster and Smith online. :) Occasionally I'll buy stuff at ThatPetPlace.com, but only when they are cheaper than the Drs...and that is rare.

tropicalfish said:
how do you get the low prices with the Petsmart store and website?

Print the petsmart.com price for the item you want. Go into your local petsmart store hand them the print out and ask them to pricematch it they will.

Red

should. I have never tried it here, but I don't see why not (i live in irving). I buy most of my dry goods at petsmart. I get my fish from dallas north in carrollton, though they don't always live very long. They give me store credit for my guppy babies. The Fish Gallery on Greenville has a good selection as well as far as fish are concerned.

I would like to check out other stores for fish, where do you get your fish?

I like BigAls for the website and product picture organization. I thought their shipping was high so next stop...the Drs., i will also be trying petwarehouse as time goes on, i am a newbie here.

nothing compares however to that visit to the local fish store, no, not wallyworld; i'm talking about the one that usually is about 30 minutes away that has just about every live fish known to man, where the people there live and breathe fish. in St. Louis that would be Beldts. yes these retail boxes are typically higher priced but i don't mind supporting the overhead those folks carry to bring it live and keep it live close to home.

Big als is good. Petsolutions.com is usually quite competitive with Dr Foster. For alot of stuff, though, I go to Petco, Petsmart, or the main fish store, The Fish Place in North Tonawanda.

Back
Top Bottom