Best Plant For A Betta - Low Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi All,

I just got a betta for my office and I'm looking for a low light plant that will be appropriate for a betta. By low light, I mean ambient light only...no direct light at all.

Hi there. How big of a tank/bowl?

I have a 1 gal. tank with a betta, and I have an Aponogeton (which came from a pack of bulbs from Wal-Mart). I wouldn't suggest the Aponogeton though.... I'm going to have to move it out of my tanks ASAP because its growing to fast and will get too big. But the Anubis nana was suggested to me. I don't know if that would hold true for your situation (i have a tank light, a weak one albeit.)

1/2 Gallon tank. I was thinking Anubias Nan petite as well, but wanted to see what other plants have worked for people.

Anubias or Java Moss are about the only plants I can think of that would do well with that little light and space.

At most you might want to add a good trace fert and some potassium right after your water change. With the amount of light you'll be dealing with and such slow growth, it's unlikely you'd need more than that.

Back
Top Bottom