Best "Show/Centerpiece" Fish to go Along With Either Tetras or Danios?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAWRRitsEDWINN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am currently cycling a 20 gallon tall tank I have with live plants. I want to add fish in a couple of weeks. I really wanted to have a pair of Angelfish n there, but I have researched that they might get too big for that tank, and that they need an established tank because they are sensitive to water conditions.

So what would be a good show/centerpiece fish?

I also would like a school of fish swimming around in there. Maybe either 5 tetras or 5 danios.

Good call on the pair of angels, they get 6 inchs (not including fin). The inch per gallon rule IMO is a bad myth.

I personally like a pleco as a center piece. For example, my 60g houses a beautiful gold nugget pleco, and my 20g houses a dwarf clown pleco. I think they add an excellent angel to an aquarium. Especially one with a nice school of tetras.

I'd maybe go with harlequin rasporas or rummy nose tetras for a schooling fish. A small pleco would be really nice for center piece or maybe a dwarf gourami or dwarf cichlid

Back
Top Bottom