Best Species of Eel For 150 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanimal

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been wanting an Eel for my 150 gallon tank and am thinking either a Peacock Eel, a Tire Track Eel, or a Fire Eel. I heard Tire Tracks have more personality than Fire Eels but I heard Fire Eels look better. I know both species get large but which one would do better in my tank if it could fit? I need advice and suggestions on what to get! Thanks :)

Couldn't they get aggressive towards each other?? And are the TTE and FE to big for my tank?

Peacocks are social eels. I think the tire track would work but the fire eel might get too big.

I've always been a fan of tt eels. As you've said they are extremely personable. You can teach certain ones to be hand fed even. I don't have any experience with fire eels but I've heard they can have a nasty additude. Here's a pic of my guy at 10" :)

IMG_20120602_195342.jpg

TTE are smaller than Fire Eels right? And what do you feed him?

Mostly frozen bloodworms, shrimp pellets and earthworms, lots and lots of earthworms! They luv em.
As far as size goes i was told that the tt eels with markings on their bellies were the relatively small species topping out at about 28" The ones with an all solid white belly were the bigger species that match fire eels in adult sizes of 36"+

Well I got a Fire Eel yesterday but he died over night. $15 right down the sump... :( :(

Saved him!!!! :) :) he will now be in my brothers 20 gallon until I can Eel proof my over flows. Can he live with Neon Tetras, a GBR, and 2 Danios?

I moved him to my 20 gallon and now its just him. Ill keep him in there till he gets bigger.

Back
Top Bottom