best spot for a heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigfish93

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is the best spot for a submersible heater. I have read that they work best when placed at an angle. Should a heater be placed in calm water, right in the flow of water from a filter, top, bottom?

I keep my heater between my filters, 7 thermometers in the tank all reading a consistant 79 degrees, straight up and down placement 52g FBH.

I run mine vertically right next to my filter intake so the warm water is circulated, I keep the thermometer at the furthest point away from the heater.

I have a 30g long (3ft) and I run a 250w horizontally across the bottom/back of the tank. I haven't had any problems with cold spots or anything like that. My AC50 creates some pretty good current so the heat gets mixed nicely.

I think it depends on the current in your tank as well as overall size of tank, whether it is long or an extra tall tank. Just play with it and see what gives you the best/most consistent results.

Back
Top Bottom