Best UV steralizer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want something to help keep my water crystal clear and prevent any algae problems. I havent had any problems so far. My water is a little cloudy when looking through it from the side but thats it. I don't want something cheap that will burn out or melt. I will be using this for a 29 gallon tank. Are they even worth it though? Thanks for replies.

A UV sterilizer won't help with algae unless you have a green water algae bloom. They also kill bacterial blooms. You really don't need one and if you want to polish your water try adding Purgen to your filter or use 100% Polyfill. The dirtier Polyfill gets the smaller particles it can filter out.

A UV sterilizer won't help with algae unless you have a green water algae bloom. They also kill bacterial blooms. You really don't need one and if you want to polish your water try adding Purgen to your filter or use 100% Polyfill. The dirtier Polyfill gets the smaller particles it can filter out.

Everything rivercat said

So would I replace my carbon bag with the purgen bag? Or leave them both in the filter?

You would want to remove the carbon because Purgen can be regenerated when used. I also suggest putting it in a small media bag or nylon because Purgen is very fine and will not work well in most HOB cartridge bags.

Back
Top Bottom