Best Water Changer? and Adaptor Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AfricanCichlidOwner

Aquarium Advice Activist
Been looking into cause I'm sick of hauling buckets haha. So what do you guys think is the best one and any experience you have with them or difficulties? I also have a weird sick faucet so I don't know what adaptor to get any help there either?

I don't know anything about faucets, but I know that lots of people use the python water changer. Aqueon also makes one that's a bit cheaper.

I got a python and it's great! I have a bad back so buckets weren't an option.. i know there are adapters available! I highly recommend!

Take a photo of your faucet with a measurement of the opening to a home improvement store along with your Python hose. They should be able to find you something. Good luck.

I have a 25' python and I like it. All the nessessary adapters to fit my sink were included in the $40 price. It will also hook into my bathroom sink fixture. Only thing is it splashes water around the vanity because the bowl is smaller.

I do wonder about the long term durability. The plastic just seems, well, not durable. No problems yet but only time will tell.

Aqueon makes one that is similar. I think you could make your own if you were inclined to.

Don't know of any. I've used mine for years and its still working very well.

I use the Aqueon and never have had any squirting/leaking problems. I think the problem many people have with the plastic pieces is they try to over tighten them and they crack or break. You only have to screw the pieces on till they naturally stop. They don't need to be tightened down hard. Mines about 3 years old and am still using all the original plastic pieces.

I just replaced my faucet, specifically so it would work better with my water changer. The one I had had an aerator that was hard to remove and the threads on the faucet were plastic. At some point, something was going to end up stripped. Also, the double threaded adapter that comes with the water changer would really cut into my fingers when I tried to unscrew it.

So, I went to Home Depot and looked for a new faucet...with an aerator that wasn't recessed (since that wouldn't work at all). Then from those sinks, I removed the aerators and looked for ones where all the mating parts were metal so it wouldn't wear out in a month. Then I found an metal adapter that worked between the sink and the water changer that had a spot I could grab it with.

It's still isn't perfect. It's still a PITA. It still leaks, but it's better then it was and hopefully I won't strip the threads in the faucet anytime soon.

I believe this is the one I ended up with and I think it was on sale for $50. It's not the one I would have picked out if I didn't need to hook a water changer up to it, but it worked for this and it matches my bathroom, so it'll do.

Does anyone know an attachment that would attach to my bath tub?

Hmm...they do make attachment hoses for tub faucets because we used to use this for washing our dog. I imagine there has to be something for water changers. If not, I'm sure you could rig something using a setup meant for washing pets (atleast for filling your rank).

Back
Top Bottom