Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 04-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
nirbhao's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Michigan, Metro Detroit
Posts: 3,000
I studied Farsi in undergrad. 😺 Burj Dubai opened around the same time as when I graduated, and I actually considered working there.

I'm curious now, so I'm going to browse. I'm sure there is something similar in Dubai. There is nothing in the world that is not in Dubai.
__________________

__________________
I'm probably on my phone.

http://injaf.org/
http://thedelicion.com
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
nirbhao's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Michigan, Metro Detroit
Posts: 3,000
https://www.dubaipetfood.com/shop/jb...ut-18781p.html

Even if you don't go to that shop, you could check to see if that will fit your plumbing.
__________________

__________________
I'm probably on my phone.

http://injaf.org/
http://thedelicion.com
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
kashif314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirbhao View Post
I studied Farsi in undergrad. 😺 Burj Dubai opened around the same time as when I graduated, and I actually considered working there.

I'm curious now, so I'm going to browse. I'm sure there is something similar in Dubai. There is nothing in the world that is not in Dubai.
Very nice to know u have studied here. And Farsi. Just wow. Its very difficult for an English speaking person to learn or even familiar with the Farsi writing style. I am here since 1985 and now I am 37 so almost spend alp my life here.

So sweet of you to searched for me. Yes I always buy from this online store. I mentioned in earlier post about JBL Aqua in out system and read about it but it has a 8m hose which is very small. They don't have separate extension hose. I also looked at my taps and I don't see they have any removable part which they show in demonstration videos. I am still looking into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirbhao View Post
https://www.dubaipetfood.com/shop/jb...ut-18781p.html

Even if you don't go to that shop, you could check to see if that will fit your plumbing.
__________________
kashif314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
nirbhao's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Michigan, Metro Detroit
Posts: 3,000
I didn't actually study abroad, but the people at Burj Dubai heavily recruited American recent college graduates proficient in Farsi.

I've since had a stroke, so most of my language skills have been lost.

I love the Arabic and Farsi alphabets. They always seemed like living artwork. Of course, we did read a lot of Rumi, so both the words and their meanings were beautiful.

Is an 8 meter hose really to small? I'm pretty sure the Python's is 25 feet, but you're right that you can get an extension. How far do you need the hose to reach?

The removable part of the tap would be the aeration disc. If you look at your faucet, is there any threading inside?
__________________
I'm probably on my phone.

http://injaf.org/
http://thedelicion.com
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:16 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
kashif314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirbhao View Post
I didn't actually study abroad, but the people at Burj Dubai heavily recruited American recent college graduates proficient in Farsi.

I've since had a stroke, so most of my language skills have been lost.

I love the Arabic and Farsi alphabets. They always seemed like living artwork. Of course, we did read a lot of Rumi, so both the words and their meanings were beautiful.

Is an 8 meter hose really to small? I'm pretty sure the Python's is 25 feet, but you're right that you can get an extension. How far do you need the hose to reach?

The removable part of the tap would be the aeration disc. If you look at your faucet, is there any threading inside?
Thanks and wow u did read Rumi. Just wow. I didn't know Americans have a taste for that. Very nice to know.

I did convert and find out 8 m is almost equal to 25 feet so I guess I am good. Problem is my taps have no removable part. I will re check.
__________________
kashif314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:05 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Jbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 51
If you have access to pvc pipe, quick disconnect, and garden hose for your outside tap, you can make your own. Pretty simple and works very well. Half the price if not better than buying one. Check it out!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0181.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	297868
__________________

__________________
Jbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ate, changing, ich, stem, system, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which fish do you enjoy watching the most? Caliban07 Aquaria Off-Topic 44 12-29-2014 07:19 AM
Most efficient / most quiet / cheap filter? 1919 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 14 01-08-2014 12:25 AM
which of the 2 out of 3 following cichlids do you like the most animalzrok2 Cichlid Discussion 4 02-05-2012 02:51 PM
which of the three following cichlids do you like the most animalzrok2 Cichlid Discussion 4 01-11-2012 12:16 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.