Best way to transport fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jen106

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm moving in the next couple of weeks. I have a 60 gallon that will obviously need to be drained, and I'm unsure the best way to get my fish to my new house. Luckily, I only have a few in my tank currently: a large angel, a 5ish inch Senegal bichir, a bristle nose pleco, and a cory cat. The smaller ones I guess I could put in bags, but the angel and bichir are too big.

Fish community, please give me advice! [emoji16]

I'm moving in the next couple of weeks. I have a 60 gallon that will obviously need to be drained, and I'm unsure the best way to get my fish to my new house. Luckily, I only have a few in my tank currently: a large angel, a 5ish inch Senegal bichir, a bristle nose pleco, and a cory cat. The smaller ones I guess I could put in bags, but the angel and bichir are too big.

Fish community, please give me advice! [emoji16]

Big bucket with a lid, drill a hole in, drop an air stone in and connect it to a battery air pump and fill halfway with tank water. I moved my 20 rainbows+Corys, clown loaches, yo-yo loaches and bristle noses that way.

How far do you have to travel?

New bucket.
If the bucket is used and has an un smooth surface a fish may rub and become irritated .
How long will fish be in transit ?
The air pump may not be needed...

Back
Top Bottom