Best wet pet for 55g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What exactly are you looking for in a wet pet? Are you wanting a fish that comes to your hand when you place it in water or just something active?

What exactly are you looking for in a wet pet? Are you wanting a fish that comes to your hand when you place it in water or just something active?

+1 no lie if you want a fish that will play with you, dojo loaches are it. Mine playing with my hands every time they are in the tank. Not to mention they are active 24/7 and hilarious because they lay if the weirdest places.

Caleb

+1 no lie if you want a fish that will play with you, dojo loaches are it. Mine playing with my hands every time they are in the tank. Not to mention they are active 24/7 and hilarious because they lay if the weirdest places.

Caleb

Dojo loaches are even better because you can keep them with goldfish which are also great wet pets themselves :D

I'm looking for something that will be interactive — meaning it'll notice when I come in the room, come to the front of the tank, possibly let me handle it, and I'd like it to be intelligent as well. Obviously being active and colorful is a plus but the interactive part is my primary concern.

I like the personality of the dojo's, it's just that I hate snakes and they look a lot like snakes to me!

I'm looking for something that will be interactive — meaning it'll notice when I come in the room, come to the front of the tank, possibly let me handle it, and I'd like it to be intelligent as well. Obviously being active and colorful is a plus but the interactive part is my primary concern.

I like the personality of the dojo's, it's just that I hate snakes and they look a lot like snakes to me!

I may have already mentioned this but, try pumpkinseed sunfish! They are the most interactive fish I've kept and GORGEOUS :) Incredibly intelligent. Mine could recognize me and my mom vs other people (the people who fed him vs the people who didn't :lol: ) He let me feed him and handle him. And for being a wild-caught fish, mine learned all this behavior within a year.
lgibbosus02.jpg

Thanks! I want to make sure I get it right because I could be with it for 10-15 years. Plus I'm very conscious of the fact the tank and I will be their whole life so I don't want to screw it up.

Very tempted to get an oscar but I can't say whether or not I'll upgrade to a 75 in the next year or so...

Right, that makes sense. I wish I would of thought ahead in my tank size as well before I bought a new tank. I thought 36 gal was enough I wish I would of bought a 75! There's this 72 gallon bow front that I'm absolutely in love with. I would love to get one lol.

Good luck choosing your fish. I know you'll pick the right one. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've seen absolutely awesome jack dempseys in pet stores; even one who played hide and seek with me in a planted tank. But I've also seen JD's that just sit in hiding and look at you. It seems like it's very hit or miss with them. Anyone else agree?

Back
Top Bottom