Beta won't touch bloodworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sawyer_Peyton18

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have has my beta for about 6 months now and he will only eat beta melody flakes. Why is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Some Bettas are very picky, especially if they've been on flaked food for a while. Mine wouldn't touch pellets of low quality...but I fasted him and tried New Life Spectrum. He takes them eagerly now. Are you trying freeze dried bloodworms? I find my boys prefer frozen.

My bettas prefer the frozen brine shrimp. Try that out as well.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Places like Petco and Petsmart stock frozen for a low cost. I would try that. But keep in mind that bloodworms can be to bettas what candy is to us. I would try converting to a high quality pellet and feed bloodworms as the occasional treat.

Ok my mom is taking me to petsmart Saturday, I will look into both foods

I have has my beta for about 6 months now and he will only eat beta melody flakes. Why is this?

For the same reason you don't like liver and onions :)

Is he okay in a 3 gallon tank

Yeah, hes fine in there as long as it's heated and filtered.

Is there any way you could upgrade to a 5.5 gallon? Petsmart sells a 5.5 gallon with the filter, hood, light in a kit for like $30. The filter is kind of strong so you'd have to baffle it, but he'd enjoy the extra room

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I had black half-moon betta in a heated/filtered 2.5g for 3 years.

I didnt know much at the time for such a nice fish but he seemed to be very happy and ate from my fingers. He would not touch freeze dried anything but ate frozen bloodworms and betta pellets.

My GF's betta eat anything... Frozen mysis shrimps, brine shrimps, bloodworms (frozed or dryed), dry saltwater clownfish food, tetra food, etc... (except pellets).

My betta will only eat pellets. Nothing freeze dried, nothing frozen, he's a creature of habit.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom