Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savage

Aquarium Advice Activist
Most Betta tanks that I see on here are Betta only set ups, but I've seen some that have them in their community tanks. What are everyone's thoughts on this? My 55g is a very peaceful community set up with a flame dg, 5 cory's, 15 neon tetras, a rubberlip pleco, 7 red-eye tetras, 6 ghost shrimp, 2 snails, and 4 black kuhli loaches. I almost grabbed a male crowntail today, because he looked incredible(even in his sad little container). I just wasn't sure about compatibility. I appreciate any info you can give me. It's a fairly heavily planted tank with well maintained parameters and plenty of hiding places. Thoughts?

do you have plants that hit the surface or floating plants? that could help make it possible... I have heard of them being kept with neon tetras with no issues.. a big factor is to make sure you don't keep them with flowy finned fish

betas.are too slow to do much harm to the other faster fish. Theyll run circles around him without engaging in fights. Itll be fine if the current isnt too strong and you have some floating plants. I have a male and female in mine and they dont do anything to themselves or my fish.

to add crowntails in my experience arent the best of swimmers in bettas. I had a double tail that was very quick had no trouble fighting the current. Shouldve raced him lol

I think he'd do fine in that tank.

Like others said as long as he doesn't get too tired with the water movement.

Thanks all. I think I'll wait a couple of weeks until some of my new taller plants reach the surface. I might add a floater or two as well. There was a great looking purple, red and blue crowntail that almost became an impulse buy yesterday. If not for AA, he would have...LOL!

Thanks Again!

I'm with Mumma, be very careful with the DG and Betta. They are both anabantoids so they may not get along.

I've had good luck with mine. I also have a gourami. Just have a backup plan in place in case it doesn't go well. Post pics if you get one.

I've had good luck with mine. I also have a gourami. Just have a backup plan in place in case it doesn't go well. Post pics if you get one.

Will do! Thanks. I'm actually thinking about grabbing a 10g that I was going to make a low-tech shrimp tank, since I have everything but the tank already. I may even grab that first, so I have a back up.

savage said:
Will do! Thanks. I'm actually thinking about grabbing a 10g that I was going to make a low-tech shrimp tank, since I have everything but the tank already. I may even grab that first, so I have a back up.

that sounds like a great plan! :)

Back
Top Bottom