betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman42

Aquarium Advice Addict
gave my friend a 5 gallon hexagon tamk and i was wanting to know what would e a good fish for it. i was thinking a betta, does anyone have any suggestions. tge tank is cycled too.

gave my friend a 5 gallon hexagon tamk and i was wanting to know what would e a good fish for it. i was thinking a betta, does anyone have any suggestions. tge tank is cycled too.

5G is pretty much limited to Betta and Shrimp I would say.

i would put a betta on it.
i dont know what people see in a Shrimp tank seriously.

I love my red cherry shrimp tank, so do my kids. I think its the favourite of all 5 of our tanks. They have such character, are always moving around chasing each other leaping through the tank etc they're just fascinating. Definitely go with some shrimp!

should i do just a betta or 5 small schooling fish.

+1 Especially not a hex tank--very little lateral surface area for swimming. Betta or shrimp tank.

The 5 gallon tank is great for a betta, so much better than those 1 gallon (and often smaller) tanks I see people putting bettas in.

I've been able to keep betta and shrimp together. You need the shrimp to not be too tiny and they need lots of hiding places. Lots of plants and perhaps some drift wood and caves. The only problem I had with a betta and amono shrimp in a 5 gallon was that when the betta ever saw the shrimp, he would chase them... but he never ate one.

Back
Top Bottom