Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My gf works at Petsmart and she picked it out, I wasn't there so I will have to ask her, but it looks like the more commonly sold one I forget the scientific nomanture for it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And common name is a half moon Betta

DG and Bettas like same things. In a small tank I'd expect conflict.

Bettas do best with fish that are not brightly colored or have long flowing fins.

So as long as all the attention is drawn to them they are happy basically

He has decided to come out and explore today

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420901914.623433.jpg

Thanks guys! The misses is extremely happy with him and thats huge for her.

I think she is finally starting to warm up to my favorite pastime

I think Katie has probably named him by now but I'm stuck at work so I'm not sure

So my gf saw another Betta she really wants at work when the shipment came in

My question is does anyone have any experience with the mesh tank dividers? Or will a new tank be the best option

Agreed, a new tank is safer. I did the DIY mesh dividers for a while and though I never had a mishap, I was always worried about one somehow slipping over it.

Yea that was what I was worried about, hopefully I can find a good deal on a 5g

At the height of my betta keeping some years ago, I made and used mesh dividers all the time. I had 3-4 20 gallon longs divided into four or five sections for male bettas, and never had anyone jump or find their way over to another side. If you spend a little more money on a glass top that sits flush with the top of the tank, and thus the top of the divider, there is no real chance of anyone jumping over it.

But a new tank eliminates the risk all together so is technically safer. :)

Others may disagree but mine has lived with platy for quite some time now, and I have experienced no problems. I used to add algae wafers for my snail I used to have, and everything in my tank wanted a bite of it. It was funny to watch; my betta would sim 100% on his side and use his extremely long fins to cover the wafer, and he would literally sit there, hours if he had to, until the platys swam away and he had a feast all to himself.?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My old betta tank was a planted 10 gallon with 3 cory and 5 neon tetra and a few shrimp, they all did well.

Back
Top Bottom