Betta agression in a split tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sssea

Aquarium Advice Freak
My mother, wonderful woman that she is, decided to liberate two bettas "from their inhumane petco prisons."
So I built a sweet plexiglass wall to split my spare tank in 2 and now they're in their bags acclimating to the temp. I only have a small plant on the bottom of each side, so they can clearly see each other and have been flaring at each other for the past 10 mins.
Will this eventually subside? Should I put in larger plants so they can't see the other so clearly?
I just don't want to stress them out.

I don't know if u should start a new thread because it's the same fish/situation, but after I put the plants in they stopped flaring, one of my bettas completely changed color.
Is this normal?

When we got him he was really dark, almost black at the front. Now he's silver with black stripes down his body. Would that be the same situation? The color in his fins and the rest of his body is the same.

I'm not sure. That's a bit odd. He wasn't one of those dyed fish? I've not heard of that being done to Betas.

I had no idea idea they did that! How weird. I'll keep an eye on him and see what happens, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom