Betta and axie? Not as ill advised as it sounds.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing I can think of would end up a bit expensive. Get two pieces of glass cut to fit into the tank and silicone them between the axie and betta sections maybe half an inch apart so that there is some air between the two sections for insulation, and filter each section independently. And then just heat the betta side.

I would do two tanks just pick one set up to start with since money is tight. I have 2 juvenile axlotls in a 30 and they are pretty active sometimes. They use the whole length of the tank and seem to enjoy it. Plus they can get a foot long, that 15 gallon section wont house one happily for long.

Also a homemade divider out of mesh may be dangerous for the axolotl,depending on the size of the holes. Any jagged edges could rip their skin or gills very easy.

I'm only getting one axie....I may just have to do acrylic, unless its expensive. Is it? Although, I have a betta and he is in an unheated tank.... He seems fine, IMO.

I'm only getting one axie....I may just have to do acrylic, unless its expensive. Is it? Although, I have a betta and he is in an unheated tank.... He seems fine, IMO.

Living and Happy are two different things. Sure bettas can survive at lower temps.... but if you are keeping one that way then you don't really care about the betta. If you want a happy healthy betta, they thrive in warmer waters... Hell they need a heater more then a filter if you are willing to do enough water changes.... :( and now I feel kinda bad for the betta you already have. If you don't have an axolotl right now, don't get one and be responsible for the fish you have now. :ermm:

Living and Happy are two different things. Sure bettas can survive at lower temps.... but if you are keeping one that way then you don't really care about the betta. If you want a happy healthy betta, they thrive in warmer waters... Hell they need a heater more then a filter if you are willing to do enough water changes.... :( and now I feel kinda bad for the betta you already have. If you don't have an axolotl right now, don't get one and be responsible for the fish you have now. :ermm:

I care about the fish. I freaking care more about animals than I do my self.

a piece of acrylic pre cut would be about 10 dollars plus shipping otherwise home depot has some for 30 dollars that you would have to cut yourself. 15 g is the bare minimum for axolotl why dont you get a 5.5 and split it for the bettas and just use the twenty for an axolotl? not saying the other way cant be done it would probably just be much easier to do it separate

a piece of acrylic pre cut would be about 10 dollars plus shipping otherwise home depot has some for 30 dollars that you would have to cut yourself. 15 g is the bare minimum for axolotl why dont you get a 5.5 and split it for the bettas and just use the twenty for an axolotl? not saying the other way cant be done it would probably just be much easier to do it separate

That's a great idea for you BigFuzzy. Instead of trying to make a bigger tank smaller, why not just get a smaller tank and split it for your bettas, give them a heater... Then turn the bigger tank into a axolotl tank? (y)

That's a great idea for you BigFuzzy. Instead of trying to make a bigger tank smaller, why not just get a smaller tank and split it for your bettas, give them a heater... Then turn the bigger tank into a axolotl tank? (y)

This sounds like the best plan so far. Get a 5, or even better a 10 gallon and divide it for the bettas. A bare 10 is only like $13. Cheaper than the acrylic...

And they still have the dollar a gallon at petco I'm pretty sure

Back
Top Bottom