Betta and axie? Not as ill advised as it sounds.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigfuzzymonster777

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to divide the tank with dividers I will make my self, two 2.5 sections for two bettas, the fifteen gallon portion for the axie. Is this possible? I will use fine craft mesh for the dividers so no fins/gills get nipped.

petco has a nice divider thats meant for 29-55 gallons i got one for my ten and cut it down to size. they are 12 bucks if you want an actual divider in there not diy
img_2568961_0_a3c5b536743242574bb27cb979aaedd6.jpg

the only problem your going to have is every other day i have to switch my filter to the other side otherwise the surface will grow some slime from not enough surface agitation

i would suggest just buying two separators and fitting them to your tank so you know for 100% sure that they cant get through to each other

they come with clips that clip it to the side of the tank so they cant be moved and make sure the plastic is pushed right up against the glass so they cant squeeze through. i had a diy separator and they ended up getting through to each other and luckily they didnt hurt each other but it was definitely a scare now i will only use real dividers

it would be 25 dollars for two from petco maybe cheaper if you order some online but its better safe than sorry and these look much better than diy

Only problem I have had with dividers is both times I have used them the betta jumped the divider.

Only problem I have had with dividers is both times I have used them the betta jumped the divider.

thats why i have my divider to the top of the tank and keep the water level about 1.5 inches below the divider. you can use silicone it will definitely help them from getting through to each other

:O Could I use silicone to keep DIYs in place?

Yes you can. My divided 10 gallon has craft mesh siliconed in for the divider. It's easier if you slide the craft mesh into those little plastic pieces used for holding report covers together. I didn't have any on hand and it was tough getting the mesh in nicely without them. It worked, but it wasn't easy.

thats why i have my divider to the top of the tank and keep the water level about 1.5 inches below the divider. you can use silicone it will definitely help them from getting through to each other

I do the same. Water level stays at least an inch and a half from the top of the divider!

Yeah... I thought about that.... Could I, like, do a fifty watt to heat it just a little? Ugh...

Essentially you could heat it a little and have both of them unhappy, keep it cool and have an unhappy betta, or heat it and have an unhappy axie. I think you would be better off with two separate tanks here.

Back
Top Bottom