Betta and Cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, it should work out! Most bettas will tolerate other fish

It'll depend in your Betta's temperment. Some Betta's are fine with tankmates & others not so much. The other day I watched my male dragonscale Plakat flaring & slapping the nerite in his tank & I've seen another one of mine nip at one of his snails. This doesn't happen often that I've seen so I don't worry about it; I don't or won't put other fish with my Males. Make sure you have plenty of hiding places for the cories & make sure you have a back up plan just in case.

It'll depend in your Betta's temperment. Some Betta's are fine with tankmates & others not so much. The other day I watched my male dragonscale Plakat flaring & slapping the nerite in his tank & I've seen another one of mine nip at one of his snails. This doesn't happen often that I've seen so I don't worry about it; I don't or won't put other fish with my Males. Make sure you have plenty of hiding places for the cories & make sure you have a back up plan just in case.

I have had him with cories, zebra danios, neons and and some other fish in a 30 long! I just didn't know if it would be to crowded!

Bettas spend most of their time in the middle and upper half of the tank so I can't see them really caring about anything on the bottom. Then again as mentioned individual Bettas act differently. I'd say go for it until you see unwanted aggression.

Bettas spend most of their time in the middle and upper half of the tank so I can't see them really caring about anything on the bottom. Then again as mentioned individual Bettas act differently. I'd say go for it until you see unwanted aggression.

He has already been with cories! I just didn't want the tank to be crowed!

It will depend on the Species of Corydoras whether you have room or not. Also 3 is a pretty low number for Cories.

One of my Bettas harassed and killed Panda Cory juveniles in a 12g. I didn't have any good hiding places for them.

Every Betta male is different and may be much more aggressive in smaller tanks.

I've kept my veil tail with all different kinds of fish in a community tank. He's got along with GBR's, tetras, a dwarf gourami, and my Cory's! It really does just depend on the temperament of the betta.

He's now happy In his own personal tank :)

Back
Top Bottom