Betta and dwarf frog Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tap

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey all im thinking of getting a 2.5 gal tank with a submersible filter to have a betta. Can i also add a dwarf fron in the tank with the betta? if not can i add a female batta or is the tank too small. I find bettas are always treated badly, out in a little cup and stuff, is there anything i can do to take the best care of it. what should i need?

2.5 gallon a betta with a ghost shimp or a few or a snail but 2.5 gallons is about the smallest a adf should be in.. some have luck with them I didnt

i would stay away from ghost shrimp, my frogs attacked them as well as a betta..

the frogs seem to be fine with bettas as for the person saying 2.5 gal is the smallest an adf should be in... i don't want to say you are wrong, but you are incorrect.. they can go in regular betta bowls and what not.

anyways, they seem to do better when there is atleast one other frog with them

Just to pass this on...I had to treat the fish in my tropical tank, and I'd had a BUNCH of ghost shrimp in it too. The medication said it would kill the ghost shrimp, so I figured I'd just put a few in with each of my bettas. The next day, they truly WERE 'ghost' shrimp :( , assuming they made it through the night.

the 2.5 sounds good, you can def. put a betta and a dwarf frog in it...i would stay away from the ghost shrimp tho.

A betta and a dwarf frog will work in a 2.5 gallon tank.
Altho a betta is better of in a 5 or 10 gallon tank IMO.

Back
Top Bottom