Betta and feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta_Ruby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Question, how many time per day are you suppose to feed your fish? I have heard that over feeding is the main cause of digestive problems with these types of fish. I feed my Betta once a day. I feed him 3 Hikari soaked micro pellets & once in awhile some brine shrimp or bloodworms/ daphnia for treats. Is this ok? Thanks for any info.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Question, how many time per day are you suppose to feed your fish? I have heard that over feeding is the main cause of digestive problems with these types of fish. I feed my Betta once a day. I feed him 3 Hikari soaked micro pellets & once in awhile some brine shrimp or bloodworms/ daphnia for treats. Is this ok? Thanks for any info.

That sounds about right to me. I used to give my betta 2-3 pellets a day, except for one day a weeks when i'd give him a treat of a couple of bloodworms.

Constipation can be a problem with bettas, so keep some frozen peas handy, too.

I give him a pea once a week just for preventative mesuare. Thanks for the help. ?

I cook it for about 1 min and then take the shell off. I just use 2/3 of the pea.

Boil, I'm pretty sure u can microwave it, but I prefer boil.

The guy at Petco told me to feed my betta 3 times a week.

He looked like he eats 3 times a week so I kept my mouth shut and just paid and left.

29g fresh with Betta, Kuhli's, Neons, Denison Barbs, ADF, Mystery and Nerite Snails.

Some plants: Anubias, Java Fern, mosses and other misc.

90% of Petco employees don't know what they are talking about especially when it come to aquatics. Just look at how they have those poor Betta's in those cups ?.

It is heartbreaking. When we bought Red this weekend it was hard picking one. We wanted to save them all. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1469532638.826978.jpg

29g fresh with Betta, Kuhli's, Neons, Denison Barbs, ADF, Mystery and Nerite Snails.

Some plants: Anubias, Java Fern, mosses and other misc.

I know the feeling. I got my Ruby from Petco.

How do you feed the peas? Cook and shell?

Yep. I put some tank water in a small bowl and nuke the pea for about 30 seconds. Then I let it cool and shell it, giving the betta some of the pulp. (I was surprised how much they like it.)

One time, my betta had constipation, so I fed him pea pulp for a couple of days. The next morning, I found betta poop all over the mag float, and "Rocky" (the betta) looking at me as if to say "I feel much better, thanks." :D

Back
Top Bottom