Betta and Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok great! well when you get it cycled just add an extra filter (one with a cartridge) What Filter are you using for the main tank anyway?

I'm not familiar with it, but it looks like a great filter. You have Tetra in the uk right? If you don't than any cartridge only filter will do for keeping the quarantine tank cycled.

Get one and then place another cartridge in the main tank, not in anothr filter, but just in the tank, this way it will harvest bacteria without sucking up fish waste. then when ypu get fish plce the cartridge that was in the main tank into the filter in the quarantine tank and there you have it.

I definitely wouldn't put a dwarf cichlid in the same tank as a betta. Both dwarfs and bettas have a range of personalities, and if either of them takes a disliking to the other they'll probably kill each other. I was cleaning a betta tank and floated the betta in another tank while I worked on his tank, and the two were facing off the entire time. A. Cacatuoides can be just as aggressive as blue rams, especially if you get a pair.

Not saying it can't be done, but I certainly wouldn't do it. If you try, you'll need to have another tank set up so you can permanently separate the two.

The Marineland Emperor Filters are great, they have three kinds of filtration in them: mechanical, biological. and chemichal. However the largest one they have is for 80g. But they are great filters and an 80g filter for a 47g system will still give you crystal clean water!

Back
Top Bottom