Betta and Rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hrafnkel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I asked in a thread of mine but figured I'd get some better replies if I posted a topic for it specifically. Can a pair of rams live with a betta in a 10gal?

A breeding pair of german rams will kill or at least be very aggressive to any other fish in a 10 gallon. Two female rams with a betta might work, but I wouldn't do it. I think two male rams would be a bit too aggressive because they'd be trying to have their own territories.

Alright. Thanks for the answer. I intend to have a breeding pair, so I'll try to find somewhere else for the betta.

cool, good luck with the breeding pair! And remember you'll need plenty of room for the fry to grow out properly :D

Assuming that's that monstrous GBR topic, in which case I've read it and taken notes. :D See, now I just need a place for my betta to go. >.> Since he apparently won't be able to live with the blood parrot in my 55, or the rams in my 10.

I added a betta to a tank with rams and angelfish. Everyone ignored the betta but, the betta would flare at the rams. lol Brazen little fish. The rams didn't seem bothered though.

yeah definetly a good idea to have a back up plan for it

good luck though! sounds like you're going to have alot of fun with the Rams :D

Back
Top Bottom