Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Betta and snail?

I just got a betta from a friend and I was wondering if I could put a snail or something of the like with my male betta in the 2.5 gallon tank together?

Old 07-10-2017, 10:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

You could, I suppose, but there's no need to. It'll just make things messier really. 2.5 is on the smaller side for a betta tank, and he doesn't need a snail.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:32 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

you're better off not unless you put them in a 5 gallon or more. 2.5 is too little for any fish to thrive, yes even bettas. the snail will just take away more space and release more ammonia. snails are great tankmates for bettas, but not in that size tank.

Tags
betta, snail

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com