Betta Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hovoc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a beautiful red-purple-blue betta and after acclimating him to my water, i freed him into the tank. After feeding, he began to explore. I noticed he will go up to a rock in the tank and let his body form up to it. Is this something to worry about or something fish just do? I read in my book thata sign of ich or velvet is when they rub up agasint things, but he looks healthy.

Bettas do that I've noticed. When they rub against the ornaments it's flashing but bettas seem to like to hug things. Beware of filter intakes, they like to huddle up to them as well.

Since you just bought him, continue to keep an eye out for anything suspicious, just in case. One time, my betta "hugged" the back of a rock and just the tip of his top fin was visible. I had just done a water change, and I couldn't find him at all! Then I finally saw the fin tip!

They are very interesting in terms of behaviour.

Not only is mine extremely inquisitive but he does also explore everything and likes to rub against things and force through gaps (between tank and thermometer for example). In particular he seems to like swimming through a mass of floating plant that's in mt tank at the moment.

Fun to watch as they are very playful!

If you give him a floating plant he will rest on it and such and he'll also swim through the tiniest places you wouldn't think he could fit through lol Bettas love to just explore and what not like everyone else said :p

I have a couple of males you can usually find nestled in the leaves of their silk plants at night, they scared me the first couple of times I found them like that.

My females are wayyyyy curious.

Back
Top Bottom