Betta Being Niped at?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greater-Ajax

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I got a Male veil tail betta, and I put him in with my 3 dainos and 1 kuhli( will be getting more). And I noticed yesterday 2 small holes in his tail, and now there starting to get ripped up. I don't think it would be the other fish, but Not sure, He is my first betta. Could something else be doing that?

Greater-Ajax said:
So I got a Male veil tail betta, and I put him in with my 3 dainos and 1 kuhli( will be getting more). And I noticed yesterday 2 small holes in his tail, and now there starting to get ripped up. I don't think it would be the other fish, but Not sure, He is my first betta. Could something else be doing that?

Few questions but lets start here

What size tank?

The ph is 7.5
and the temp. Is about 76

Don't have any other tests on me, since when I bought the betta,they said it would be fine. :(

Picture of tail I just did:
x4nsci.jpg

And I think there is a sharp, plant. I could put a ammo tablet in, but I dont know.

He had non of those when I bought him, I did a major check over before I went and found someone to put him in a bag.

Scouser said:
I'd rec a 50% water change, that way you can reduce any possible ammo naturally

+1
You want to bring any possible ammonia down with fresh water not chemicals. I'd suggest buying a master test kit (online about $20) to monitor your tank.

No matter what caused the tear in his tail fresh clean water frequently flushed through the tank will help him heal and not get an infection.

Okay, Will be on that tomorrow. I did do a 40% right before this started happening. So will be checking levels.

Got the mini ( 40$) today... the person have no clue who I was, even though I bought Tetris ( the betta)... here are the levels:

Ammo. 0.6
Nitrate: 5
Nitrite: 0.3
Ph: 7.5

These okay? Will be changing water tomorrow, and testing on Saturday.

Greater-Ajax said:
Got the mini ( 40$) today... the person have no clue who I was, even though I bought Tetris ( the betta)... here are the levels:

Ammo. 0.6
Nitrate: 5
Nitrite: 0.3
Ph: 7.5

These okay? Will be changing water tomorrow, and testing on Saturday.

What kit was used? I would change the water ASAP. There shouldn't be any ammonia or nitrite in a cycled tank.

Back
Top Bottom