Betta Bites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cginflorida

Aquarium Advice FINatic
3 measly little Hikari Gold Betta Bites doesn't seem like enough food for one meal. That's all I've been feeding him, but he gulps it down and then looks at me like "Can you spare it? I want more!"

I give him something different at each meal - FD bloodworms, betta flakes, FD tubifex worms, plankton, FD shrimp. He's not starving by any means, I just feel bad when his meal is just the 3 tiny pellets. :wink:

My Betta does not eat the Betta pellets. He is strictly a flake food eater now, and my Guppies gobble up all the Betta pellets when I put them in :)

i feed mine 3-4 in the morning and 3 in the evening on alternate days .Other days I feed him bloodworms (3-4 in the moring and 3 in the evening). One day of the week I fast him

I know -- it really doesn't look like enough. But overfeeding is bad too. I do what swanandmokashi does :) On the days that the bettas get the Hikari betta pellets (3 for my smaller betta and 4 for my bigger betta) in the mornings, they also get some freeze-dried daphnia in the evenings. It works out to every other day that they get fed in the evenings. I think splitting up the two mealtimes is better than giving him possibly too much at one time. I think this is a balance between feeding them enough, but not overfeeding.

I thought when I opened this topic that it was about HBH Betta Bites. This is another brand of betta food. These pellets used to be bigger than they are now. Now, they are just about the size of a grain of pepper. My bettas can't even see them. I fed them to my previous bettas a few years ago. When I bought more, I noticed the size change. I don't feed them to the bettas that I have now. I used the HBH Betta Bites when I was treating my main betta tanks for cyano, and I took the sponge filters out. I put the sponge filters in the frig for the length of the treatment, and I "fed" the bacteria in the sponge filters by sprinkling the HBH Betta Bites over the sponge. It worked -- when I took the sponge filters out of the frig about a week later, and tested the water that they were in, the ammonia was 0!

I know it's bad to overfeed, that's why I follow the directions on the package. In fact, the directions say 1-3 pellets depending on the size of the betta. 8O Boy, he'd REALLY be ticked if I only gave him one. :evil:

I feed twice a day, too.

swanandmokashi said:
Is n't it the other way really ?? ! I made this schedule based on your advice An t-iasg !

Yes, I remember the topic :) It was very enjoyable one! I'm glad my feeding schedule is working out for you too! :D

hey grim you keep bettas with guppies? are they okay?i tried and they didnt do well together

My little guy gets Hikari Gold Betta Bites twice a day five in the morning and three in the evening. That seems to work for him, but then my daughters betta who is much smaller gets two twice a day. They fast on Sunday then randomly once a week they get blood worms. They will not eat any thing else.

Back
Top Bottom