Betta bloat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkmuller

Aquarium Advice Activist
My betta has been laying around the bottom and I looked it up seems she is bloated. She does not have dropsy. Rather constipated from what I have read. I added some aquarium salt plus gave her a pea to hope to help her get better.
I Need HELP I don't want her to die :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Try Epsom salt instead of marine salt. It is a natural laxative and may help get him unblocked. Do a tablespoon for each 5 gallons of water. Do only one dose and see if that helps. If not, do a water change and add another dose and add another teaspoon or so to the dose. Don't go over two tablespoons at one time. Peas are good if you can get him to eat it. What temp is your water? If it is below 78 you might try increasing to 81 or 82 degrees. Warmer water speeds up digestion and body functions. It may help and it won't hurt. I lost my first Beta to dropsy. It really sucks when you cannot help them. Hope your beta gets better.

Don't feed her for 3-4 days and then give her the prepared pea. This will ensure her digestive system has time to help clean itself, without interruption from new food.

I have a betta who was lethargic for about a week and after a few days of fasting, he perked right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom