Betta bowl to a 5.5 g tank (exciment)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I finally got a nice decent tank for my betta. I love this little guy he is full of personality. I've had him for over 18 weeks and I been wanting to give him a better home but I didn't have the money. So I finally got a top fin starter pack 5.5g and I am in love with it (you can control the power flow of the filter, perfect for any fish). NOW, my question is when I'm I able to transfer him to his new home. I used all Betta water that they sell at petsmart and my sand is settle.
Thanks guys! Finally I can give my fish more space for him to swim. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425781741.838259.jpg

hello! i just bought two of those tanks tonight for my bettas! :) i'm very excited to get them up and running! now for your question, i am pretty new to fishkeeping myself, haven't even been doing it a year, so i don't know if i'd really want to answer that and give you wrong info. i know that you probably know all about cycling wayy more than i do, but i'm not sure if your tank still has to cycle if you used that betta water. did you test the water out for any ammonia and stuff? not sure if your tank has been running with the water in it or not, so forgive me if you have it all figured out, lol! :D good luck with your new tanks!!

I would let the tank cycle first so he doesn't have to endure the changing parameters. Go see if your LFS will lend you some seeded filter media or pad and put it in your filter to help the bacteria colonize.

Do you have a water test kit?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

hello! i just bought two of those tanks tonight for my bettas! :) i'm very excited to get them up and running! now for your question, i am pretty new to fishkeeping myself, haven't even been doing it a year, so i don't know if i'd really want to answer that and give you wrong info. i know that you probably know all about cycling wayy more than i do, but i'm not sure if your tank still has to cycle if you used that betta water. did you test the water out for any ammonia and stuff? not sure if your tank has been running with the water in it or not, so forgive me if you have it all figured out, lol! :D good luck with your new tanks!!

Betta water is basically just marketing of distilled water. Nothing special and doesn't help the tank cycle any faster.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yeah I saw your post but didn't know what tank you get. And I just set it up a couple of hours ago. And yes I already know everything about cycle. I actually have a 20g cycle :3 so I know how everything works. You have to let me see your tanks!

I would let the tank cycle first so he doesn't have to endure the changing parameters. Go see if your LFS will lend you some seeded filter media or pad and put it in your filter to help the bacteria colonize.

Do you have a water test kit?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

This is the thing. Since I bought my fish I been using distiller water ... So my Betta is used to distill water. Maybe I am doing a mistake but he is healthy and happy and haven't notice anything wrong with him.

Back
Top Bottom