Betta breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really. The problem is fish don't just stop breeding when they have one batch of fry. Say you get a couple guppies. They breed. Then you have twelve fry. The female is pregnant again. Twelve more. More pregnancy. More fry. Then the fry become sexually mature. Your population can rapidly expand until your tank crashes due to overpopulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I was hoping to sell them so I don't think that's really a problem.

NatureFish
????

I still don't think a 10 gallon is large enough to do what you want. I have five male guppies in my 10 gallon and I have a hard enough time keeping my nitrates in check.

My advice to you is to skip breeding for now. Enjoy the fish keeping hobby, make some mistakes and learn from them, and when you have the space or means to set up a breeding operation, go for it then.

I still don't think a 10 gallon is large enough to do what you want. I have five male guppies in my 10 gallon and I have a hard enough time keeping my nitrates in check.

My advice to you is to skip breeding for now. Enjoy the fish keeping hobby, make some mistakes and learn from them, and when you have the space or means to set up a breeding operation, go for it then.

Ok. I was going to breed snails in the ten gallon...is that not going to work either? I was planning on doing MTS for now. I'm guessing guppies won't work either right? That's disappointing...

NatureFish
????

But who's going to buy them?

Most pet stores only buy from large breeders, and run-of-the-mill bettas are so cheap in fish stores, individuals seem to only buy bettas from individuals if they are of top quality you don't get from the fish store.

Back
Top Bottom