Betta + Brine shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCB1000

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone so recently I bought some frozen Brine shrimp and beef heart for my betta fish (Oliver) just to add variety to his diet which used to be just pellets and he hasn't really been eating too much maybe just a scrape of the block of food idk if I might be doing something wrong but what I do is put about a forth of the block in aquarium water and then drain it in a fish net and then rinsed it with more aquarium water and fed he only eats if the food is directly above his mouth and I try to get it out of the gravel so he can eat it I don't know maybe he's just spoiled and used to eating floating pellets but I know this food is better for him so tell me if I'm doing something wrong and no worries he's in a 5 gallon cycled and heated tank
:fish2:

When I feed frozen foods I thaw it in a little tank water then I use a spoon (some people use toothpicks) & I get my Bettas attention then I spoon a few pieces into the water. This way I'm not putting too much in at once. If its new for a Betta it'll take them a bit to figure it out especially with the brine & daphnia. I have not fed beef heart as I've heard mixed information as to whether its good for Bettas or not. I feed the bloodworms more often than the brine & daphnia. My Bettas will scavenge the substrate so I don't worry about the little bit they don't get right away. In my community tank sometimes I put the frozen cube in & let it melt, the fish will eat it as it melts.

When I feed frozen foods I thaw it in a little tank water then I use a spoon (some people use toothpicks) & I get my Bettas attention then I spoon a few pieces into the water. This way I'm not putting too much in at once. If its new for a Betta it'll take them a bit to figure it out especially with the brine & daphnia. I have not fed beef heart as I've heard mixed information as to whether its good for Bettas or not. I feed the bloodworms more often than the brine & daphnia. My Bettas will scavenge the substrate so I don't worry about the little bit they don't get right away. In my community tank sometimes I put the frozen cube in & let it melt, the fish will eat it as it melts.
I just switched from pellets to frozen food so he is still adjusting I guess

Back
Top Bottom