Betta Bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cyanide

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I put my betta in with my ADF and they seem to get along until I add blood worms for them to eat. My betta greedly eats all the worms he can and then attacks my frog. At first when I placed my frog and betta together my betta tried nipping at my frogs toes...though it wasnt an act of agression; i believe he thought his feet resembled frozen blood worms. Now though, he constantly flares up at my frog during feeding time and attacks him. He actually nipped at the side of my frog! I thought adfs and bettas were supposed to get along well....?

I removed my froggy from the betta tank and put him in a second aquarium. I thought I had the betta tank well stocked with many hiding spots but perhaps I will try adding the frog again once I buy more folliage and such.

Do you think this behavior will subside...or is my betta just a mean bully?

Could be a personality difference between the two. Bettas have been known to eat their shrimp tank mates and go after cory cats. It depends on the betta.

Hmm, trouble is that once a betta decides it doesn't like something, that something is no longer safe around them.
Slight posturing and flaring can usually subside if the other animal vacates the vicinity..but I don't think a frog will skeedaddle quick enough to sastisfy your betta that he is complying. Your betta will likely maul him at this point!
that is the unpredictable part of having labyrinth fish..what size the fish decideds is defendable territory.
Our mean betta not only leaped to other tanks and kill other betta, she also killed the otos, snails and shrimp. It was ugly.
And yet another tank has 3 girls, 3 otos and an apple snail.
Bettas are sketchy critters...yawp, dey shur arn' :p

Christmasfish said:
Our mean betta not only leaped to other tanks and kill other betta, she also killed the otos, snails and shrimp. It was ugly.
8O 8O 8O
Wow, I knew they could be aggressive, but that one's a :devilish:!

Her name is seeleup goht, it translate into something like vicious blue turqouise.
ghot is a word near gaht..as in plaa-gaht. Literally I think our friend said it is fierce as in dangerous wild animal kinda fiercee (wow! all that in ONE word! efficient!).
She is the fish that I posted that leapt up and bit our cat for being nosy and who latched onto my knuckle and took a chunk when I reached behind a large furniture piece to retireve her. She Has many notches on her arrow. :evil: bad fishy!

Back
Top Bottom