Betta Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishforlife

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 3 male betta in my 30 gallon tank. There's a bunch of guppy , high fin platy fry, painted platy fry and 3 male betta now living peaceful. I'm wondering if anyone try this before?

Attachments

• image-3727391325.jpg
    image-3727391325.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1677752753.jpg
    image-1677752753.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image-1384458552.jpg
    image-1384458552.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1409576386.jpg
    image-1409576386.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3180128115.jpg
    image-3180128115.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 68
Only one male Betta per tank. They will kill each other. To make things worse, they don't have a place to hide. Also they also hate bubblers and high currents.

You may have at the moment but you'd get very short odds you'll be down to one betta and zero live bearers in a few months.

I just added the bubbler and they been in their more then 2 month. They see each other but they don't flare. No biting from each other but only from platy once awhile. They always chase each other but no fighting in any way.

I just added the bubbler and they been in their more then 2 month. They see each other but they don't flare. No biting from each other but only from platy once awhile. They always chase each other but no fighting in any way.

chasing is fighting!!!!! remove two of the bettas right now!!! they will kill each other!! ONLY ONE PER TANK!

Only the blue one chase , they always been together but no fin damage. I see them swim side by side together but they don't flare , attack or chase.

Sooner or later they will fight to death. One day you might wake up and only one fish will be alive. I don't know what kind of filter you have. But if a strong current is present (plus the bubbler ) the fish could be a little uneasy and that is distracting them from each other. That doesn't mean it is ok to still keep them together. Bettas have personality that can accept other fish or not. But never to keep two or more Male bettas together. However, The best thing is to keep them by themselves, it depends on the betta itself.

The betta don't mind being with each other since they been together since 2 month. They haven't fight or cause any damage to other fish. I try the female betta but she's more aggressive then the male. So she wasn't put in.

Why did you even say anything if you were just going to tell everyone that commented n your post that it was all fine? I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but I would recommend separating the three betas... I hope that I didn't offend you or anything but this is just my opinion... Who knows, you just may have gotten three very mellow and nice male bettas!:) I'm not saying that it won't work but be on the look out for aggression. Good luck.:)

Sometimes fish just don't read the book and you get away with things you normally wouldn't. I'm not saying you HAVE to separate them but also don't be surprised if this backfires on you big time. The males not being aggressive make me think that they are either very old and tired or not properly being fed and are not as healthy as they could be. Taking all this into consideration, they also just might be ok and ok with each other ( a rarity for sure ;) ). Obviously the choice is yours but as I said, be prepared.
The good news is that with that size tank, you may get lucky and just suffer fin damage, which is healable. Hopefully, that's the worse case scenario.

Lots of luck on this

+1 to separation.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but I do believe eventually one of those betas is going to turn aggressive and kill the others. There are fish that will be fine and nice their whole lives, and suddenly just go mean. Angels are known to do that.

2 months is nothing once they start maturing they will get very territorial and fight over the tank. You may be that lucky one in a million that just got so lucky that they won't but I highly doubt it. I have all different kinds of cichlids in different tanks but have none more aggressive than my Betta not even my mbunas. I would highly reccomend seperaring them. At the very least get a pair of tank dividers and keep them seperated.

Betta males are 1 per tank. No more fish. Females are strictly 3 or more so they can establish a hierarchy. The males may be fine now but soon there will only be 1 male left and not a single other fish. They dont like fish with nice colors or fancy fins

Back
Top Bottom