Betta companions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a female Betta in a 10g tank. She's fairly active but likes to nip find occasionally. Guppies are a no as she likes to chase them. Rasboras are a no as I have some with my other Betta. Other than that any suggestions?

Keep calm and drum on

^ Pygmy corydora

If it's planted you could do some shrimp, the plants would give them plenty of places to hide.

Maybe ADF?

Caleb

It's currently not planted but I'm looking to plant it in the near future. Cherry shrimp are something I've been wanting to keep. Any ideas for a midlevel fish? Something small that schools or something larger that will be fine by itself would also be nice to add. Any ideas?

Keep calm and drum on

It's currently not planted but I'm looking to plant it in the near future. Cherry shrimp are something I've been wanting to keep. Any ideas for a midlevel fish? Something small that schools or something larger that will be fine by itself would also be nice to add. Any ideas?

Keep calm and drum on

Zebra danios?

Caleb

Would you say 5 danios 4 cherry shrimp female Betta. Bocappa Amazon sword Ludwigia hornwort and pennywort?

Keep calm and drum on

Neon tetras. Personal experience and it worked wonderfully. Get at least 5, they need to school. Plus neon tetras are cool little dudes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My female betta didn't look at them twice, but all betta's are different.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Neons can nip, as can Danios. Adding any schooling fishes with a Betta can be troublesome. Usually works but be prepared so separate them if need be.

I would say Cories. Pygmy is recommended but i like Panda Cories the best, and i would do those.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

The pygmy cories can play a duel role here, they are less bottom oriented than other cories and mainly hang out mid level.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a male Betta in with neon tetras, zebra danios and pygmy cories. No issues at all

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Neons can nip, as can Danios. Adding any schooling fishes with a Betta can be troublesome. Usually works but be prepared so separate them if need be.

I would say Cories. Pygmy is recommended but i like Panda Cories the best, and i would do those.

Stocked properly schooling fish keep their nipping to their own species 9 times out of 10.

I've kept neons since I've started keeping fish and the only issue I've ever had was them dying. Never had any problems with them nipping fins

Keep calm and drum on

I've kept neons since I've started keeping fish and the only issue I've ever had was them dying. Never had any problems with them nipping fins

Keep calm and drum on

As with every fish there will always be anomalies. Occurrences that can happen but not normally.

Same can be said of dwarf gourami, I've heard of them being tank terrors, and I've seen a group living together in harmony in a community tank. There will always be exceptions. Under the majority though, they are very peaceful.

Caleb

As with every fish there will always be anomalies. Occurrences that can happen but not normally.

Same can be said of dwarf gourami, I've heard of them being tank terrors, and I've seen a group living together in harmony in a community tank. There will always be exceptions. Under the majority though, they are very peaceful.

Caleb

Gouramis do great in schools if you get all of the school at the same time and from the same tank at your lfs.

Keep calm and drum on

Gouramis do great in schools if you get all of the school at the same time and from the same tank at your lfs.

Keep calm and drum on

Gourami are territorial, males especially towards their own species. They don't tear each other apart at the store because they space given is too small to establish territories. I've read plenty of accounts on here where even in a heavily planted tank one male DG tore up another.

Caleb

Gourami are territorial, males especially towards their own species. They don't tear each other apart at the store because they space given is too small to establish territories. I've read plenty of accounts on here where even in a heavily planted tank one male DG tore up another.

Caleb

A school of them is fine, 2 of them will end in failure almost every time. African cichlids act the same way, that's why they need to be heavily stocked.

I kept my betta with green rasboras and pygmy cories. The rasboras were fine but the betta absolutely tormented the cories.

As far as gouramis I've kept sparkling in trios and groups with no issues, very nice fish.

Back
Top Bottom