Betta Compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but now he swims all over the place, he almost looks like he is smiling at me! This is not a shy fish, whenever I walk up to the tank he comes out front and displays his fins (can you tell this is my first betta LOL!) If he could type he would tell everyone that has helped Thank You!

now, THAT is a happy fish..... that's the difference between alive and thrive.

Well done, you've done very well by your fish! :D I just got my first betta a few months ago too and I love him to death, so much personality when they are given the correct conditions. I hope he heals fast. Good luck!

I thought I should post an update about Benet (the betta). Benet seems to be doing really well. The fins seem to be growing back ( slowly but surely). I tried to get a few pictures to share with you guys. He is just so happy in his new home that he just won't sit still long enough for a picture, here are the rather blurry pictures of Benet:

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120425_183919.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120425_183919.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 66
  • ForumRunner_20120425_183935.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120425_183935.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 58
  • ForumRunner_20120425_183946.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120425_183946.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 65
I've been following this thread and I thinks it's great you found him a better home!!! Beautiful Betta by the way! He must be very happy!

i fast my betta one day a week and on the day after his fast i give him a partial pea to help prevent bloating and constipation his fast day is also usually his tank cleaning day i have mine in a 30g with 5 neon tetra 3 albino corys 2 peppered corys 3 khuli loaches and a striped raphael catfish i call him sue:brows:

Autumnsky said:
He's beautiful and I like your green stuff, is it Java moss?

Thank you everyone! I will let him know that you like him :D
Yes the green stuff in the picture is Java moss
I have been planning on fasting my betta once a week, how should I prepare the peas for him?

Thank you everyone! I will let him know that you like him :D
Yes the green stuff in the picture is Java moss
I have been planning on fasting my betta once a week, how should I prepare the peas for him?
take one pea and a shot glass fill the shot glass up halfway with TANK water NOT tap water toss into microwave for 20 seconds remove and let cool remove outer shell of pea and split the insides into quarters i give my betta one quarter every sunday the rest of the pea i just drop into my tank and the other fishes snack on it. the pea is pure fibre for them

Today I fed my betta part of a pea for the first time. I can't believe how much he liked it! I was concerned that he wouldn't touch it but instead he attacked it! I have the rest of the pea to my other fish and they went crazy! Even more crazy then when i feed them live brine shrimp. One thing that I did learn is they need to be broken up fairly small in order for my small fish to eat. My killifish was so determined to eat this piece of pea but it was just to big for her. Peas are going to become a regular thing in the diet of these fish :)

Today I fed my betta part of a pea for the first time. I can't believe how much he liked it! I was concerned that he wouldn't touch it but instead he attacked it! I have the rest of the pea to my other fish and they went crazy! Even more crazy then when i feed them live brine shrimp. One thing that I did learn is they need to be broken up fairly small in order for my small fish to eat. My killifish was so determined to eat this piece of pea but it was just to big for her. Peas are going to become a regular thing in the diet of these fish :)
glad your fish liked them so much(y) you may even be able to try other vegetables as well like cucumber and zuchini i would wait for someone else to comment on this as well as ive never done it myself and dont the the exact procedure

Back
Top Bottom