Betta Filtration Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aveldina

Aquarium Advice Regular
We picked up a 3 gallon tank for our betta tonight to finally get him out of the small one he originally ended up in. It came with a tetra "internal" filter. It's got no flow settings. We gave it a try to see how the betta would handle the current. Surprise, surprise he hates it and promptly hid in the corner of the aquarium. Took the filter out and the fish came back to life again.

So, any suggestions for small betta aquarium filtration? Are HOB filters even made that small..?

Hehe on a more fun note, his tank has a mini eiffle tower in it and he's decided that hiding under the tower (he JUST fits) is his new game. It's pretty cute.. these fish have a great personality.

Not much help but if it is the tank that I am thinking of it is the bigger version of the 1 1/2 gallon that I just finished transferring my Betta to about 20 minutes ago. He doesn't seem to mind the filter so much but he also loved swimming through the flow of the powerfilter on my 30 gallon so he is kind of strange.

Is there something you can do to block the intake a little so maybe it isn't pulling as much water in? Less flow in would be less flow out.

Just curious, is this one of the Tetra Water Wonders tanks? If it is I will experiment with mine a little and see if I can find a way to control the flow and pass along the findings.

There are DIY ways to slow a filter down (sponge over the intake, softening the output by deflecting it with a decoration)-- but there are other filters as well.

drsfostersmith.com has a couple- the Azoo Palm filter and the Duetto Mini both come to mind.

Back
Top Bottom