Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-21-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Betta fin deterioration

So I have had a problem with some neon tetras becoking aggresive and ive been working on trying to isolate them becuase they have been nipping everyone in the tank but they are fast and are alot harder to catch then a betta. So i decided to fish the betta out first becuase he had some of his fins nipped and i thought i could heal it first before i put him back. I put him back but his fins seem to have just gotton worse losing color, finnage, and length. Did i do something wrong does he need more time in qt? Here are before, when he was perfectly fine and after pictures Click image for larger version

Name:	20170929_104025.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	305137Click image for larger version

Name:	20171121_124540.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	305138

Old 11-22-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'm not entirely sure if this is related, but the only time my bettas have shown signs of fin damage is when I move them from one container to another. It seems like the next day or two the damage will become clear.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
I'm not entirely sure if this is related, but the only time my bettas have shown signs of fin damage is when I move them from one container to another. It seems like the next day or two the damage will become clear.
Well i did move it from the main tank to a qt tank so im not sure if that could have dome something to him
Old 11-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

That's a shame, he was really pretty. I don't think it was from moving him, I mean, when you first got him he was moved just fine from store tank to bag, from bag to your tank. More if you quarantined him at the time.

I'd keep him alone and give him a chance to heal. Feed a high quality diet (thawed frozen blood worms maybe) and keep the water very clean.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meesh View Post
That's a shame, he was really pretty. I don't think it was from moving him, I mean, when you first got him he was moved just fine from store tank to bag, from bag to your tank. More if you quarantined him at the time.

I'd keep him alone and give him a chance to heal. Feed a high quality diet (thawed frozen blood worms maybe) and keep the water very clean.
I will continue to do that then but i also want to figure out a method to catch the other small fish becuase i have a heavilg planted tank and everytime i use a net i juat cant get them out

Tags
betta, fin, rio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com