Betta fish care & advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is having artifical plants in my bettas tank safe? Can they hurt my betta?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Because i installed a artificial leaf in my bettas tank because in the wild, bettas like to sleep on leaves so a picture of it is posted above, is it safe?

Yes. My betta sleeps on his all the time.

My betta does not want anything to do with the leaf hammock i got him, what should i do?

Can i get a betta fish in their wild form at a pet store ( natural colors) like this

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475084000.552583.jpg

Did you know that there are lots of different subspecies of betta besides betta splendens? Like for example: betta tomi. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475163292.465503.jpg

The wild types are much harder to keep alive.

You can get Plakat type Bettas in plenty of colors.

Mine like live plants. I usually offer a small bridge that mine like to sleep under.

IMG_0190.jpgIMG_1530.jpg

Mine sleeps on top of the filter just at the surface of the water

Sent from my Y635-L01 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a hammock for my betta and he loves it. I use silk plants only. Plastic can tear the fins. Good rule is if u drag it on panty hose and it rips, it will also rip fins. Betta fins are as delicate as panty hose and can easily be torn. I didn't know this when i first got mine and had all the wrong stuff. His fins got pretty badly torn up. Since then I've replaced almost everything in his tank. The hammock was the best ever. Perfect place to drop his soaked pellets too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Make sure the hammock is about 3/4" from the surface. Too far from the surface and mine didn't like it. Too close and he can't lay on it. He doesn't sleep on it but he does lay on it.

So the plastic leaf hammock can hurt my betta (tear his fins)? Should i have it in his tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475513900.816634.jpg

No, I don't believe it will hurt the betta. If your not sure try the panty hose test. I had a horrible sharp plastic plant that did tear his fins. That's why I use silk plants instead.

Back
Top Bottom