Betta fish differences and advice!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am deciding between getting a half moon or dragon scale Betta fish anyone know any differences between these two and which one would be better for a planted 10 gallon tank?
Thank you

Half moon bettas have tails shaped like large half circles when they are flared, dragon scales are supposed to have reflective scales or something along those lines. Either one would work, it's really up to personal preference. Here's my half-moon if it helps. Sorry I couldn't get a pic of him flaring but it is rather impressive.

Attachments

• image-2634966781.jpg
    image-2634966781.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 87
wow nice betta! :)
i've had a half moon before but this time i can't decide lol they have a torqoise and red half moon and a blue and yellow dragon scale noth very beautiful

Those are some nice colors, I personally don't care for dragon scales as much, something about that shade of scales makes them seem almost too gaudy to me, but's that's just my opinion. Go with whichever you like better. The only thing I'd take into consideration is if there is a high current or tank mates that will nip the fins, if that is the case I wouldn't go with the half moon and get the one with shorter fins.

I just saw the other pic and I like the half-moon better. I think it would be complimented by plants really well. :)

current is pretty good and the other fish are neone tetras which i havent had nip at my old betta hmm i guess i'll be sitting there looking at them at lfs tomorrow for a good while lol

I have a Half Moon Dragon Scaled Plakat HMPK is the code. Mine is a Blue/Black ( Black fish with Blue areas). He's a cool fish. Not as gaudy as my Yellow Veil tail Betta, but a great fish.

I would go with the plakat if your tank has much current. They can swim a little better with their short fins.

Back
Top Bottom