Betta fish in community tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeamTIV02

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, I was wondering if it would be okay to put a male betta into my 60 gallon tropical community tank (freshwater). In the tank I have blood parrots, a blue gourami, sunburst wag platies, a pleco, and dalmatian mollies. I am doing a science experiment ( a Eco-column) with one and I don't know what to to with it after ward. If not a male, would a female be okay?

Thanks!!

I have a betta in my community tank with a dwarf gourami and German blue rams and have no problems. They've been living together for weeks now.

I'd try it, but that's just me. If you do attempt it, watch the other fishes behavior with the betta in the tank and if things become to aggressive and a fight breaks out, just move the betta to a new home.

Make sure you already have some type of place to keep the betta before attempting in case it doesn't work out.

Living together for weeks is not in any way indicative of long term success. The parrots will almost certainly become too aggressive for the betta. The other fish listed aren't great tank mates for a betta either, but the parrots would be a real problem imo.

Back
Top Bottom