Betta Hammock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone use any product like this for their betta? We have a Betta in a 2.5 gallon tank and he seems very happy and active. I have an Aquaclear 20 filter on it which creates more water flow than I would like. There was a tall plant in the tank and I took it out because it seemed crowded. I noticed Picky was sleeping on top of the heater and behind the power cord. That freaks me out.

We have had a money pit with our Hermit Crabs so I will upgrade to a 5 or 10 gallon tank for picky as soon as I can but for now:

Should I get a Betta Hammock?'
I have the floating log but it really gets knocked around by that filter. Should I baffle it?

Thanks!
Jana

The hammock would probabaly be used alot by the betta I imagine. The log would be nice if it stayed in one place.

I'd baffle the filter if you can, you can put a piece of filter pad over the water flow like this: How to get rid of those tiny bubbles from HOB filters Bettas don't like a lot of movement so that could be why he's hiding.

I have two of the betta hammocks; mine goes on one but he hasn't laid or rested on it yet, although I've only had him for less than 2 weeks. :) I have the little log too and it stays in place although he hasn't gone into it yet. I have a similar larger log in my larger tank and it was getting pushed around which I figured was dangerous for fish so I took some fishing line and put it through the holes in the log and ran the fishing line out of the back of the hood and taped it so the log stays in place.

I've offered a hammock in both my betta tanks and they show no interest at all. But I also keep the current low in their tanks.

Back
Top Bottom