Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Males can be in a community tank, just try it out. Some betta's are more aggressive than others. For instance, my betta killed two ghost shrimp he lives with, but doesn't hurt the ADF's. Others bettas don't kill the ghost shrimp they live with. I think it's just the attitude of the betta himself.

The one thing i've been told is that they like to be the centerpiece fish, so don't add any other semi-aggressive or worse fish with him. Just peaceful community fish like corys etc.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez
Males can be in a community tank, just try it out. Some betta's are more aggressive than others. For instance, my betta killed two ghost shrimp he lives with, but doesn't hurt the ADF's. Others bettas don't kill the ghost shrimp they live with. I think it's just the attitude of the betta himself.

The one thing i've been told is that they like to be the centerpiece fish, so don't add any other semi-aggressive or worse fish with him. Just peaceful community fish like corys etc.
Okay thanks and are males more colorful than females

Old 09-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think males look better, they have the bigger prettier fins.

Google them and see the diff.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.jonathan.o View Post
Okay thanks and are males more colorful than females
not really,the only real difference is the fins
Old 09-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

You can keep multiple FEMALE betta together sometimes. All depends on the 'tude of the fish you pick.

Tags
betta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com