Betta Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
M planning on getting a Betta this weekend but i have a Leopard Pleco with long tail and top fin will th Betta attack the Pleco

It depends on the betta. Usually it's a 50/50 chance whether the betta is nice or not. I would go ahead and add the betta, and watch it closely for a while. If it shows any aggression, remove it.

Some bettas do fine with tankmates, some don't. It all depends on the individual betta. Its a good idea to have a back-up plan of some sort when trying to put bettas with tankmates just in case it doesn't work out.
Just a note, I don't know if this is the case or not, but a tank big enough for a leopard pleco will possibly have too much current for a betta to do well in it. If the tank is smaller and its just a temporary home for the pleco, thats probably fine. Just something to keep in mind. :)

I agree with the others. Most bettas won't attack tank mates but some will, so always be careful. It should be fine but just be careful for the first few days until you're sure that your betta won't harm the other fish.

Davies97 said:
M planning on getting a Betta this weekend but i have a Leopard Pleco with long tail and top fin will th Betta attack the Pleco

My betta never attacked my common pleco, or any other fish for that matter. I've currently moved him out of the tank tho because I think he is being fin nipped by another a tetra. (I got my tank already established, so I have no idea if his fins are naturally shorter our not) IMO you should try it but like said above, watch him closely

Back
Top Bottom