Betta Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QueenKiara

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm going to the fish store and going to buy a betta in a few minutes. I already have a 5.5G ready and fishless cycled. Is there anything I should look out for as to whether the betta is unhealthy? And I was wondering, if it has a white body, as I've seen some like that, does that mean its pale and sickly or is that just the color of the betta?

stay away from clamped fins, rotting fins, rapid gil movement, and fish that generally dont look healthy. ask them if they will feed it in front of you. ive had one betta who wouldnt eat ANYTHING and starved himself. bettas can also definitely be white so that doesnt mean its automatically sick. hope this helped!

This is the ADORABLE little girl I decided on. :) There was a gorgeous half moon double tail royal purple male there. But this ones personality stole my heart.

Attachments

• image-440686364.jpg
    image-440686364.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image-3311135821.jpg
    image-3311135821.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 55
Yes females certainly do have great personalities I have a small sorority of them and they are great little fish

She was swimming all around in her cup, and as soon as the food hit the top of the water she was after it. :) I'm so happy with her.

she looks alot like my female, her name is Mercedes! Have you decided on a name for her? I can give you a few ideas if you want!

I haven't decided, ideas would be great! :)
She's so cute! She's swimming mainly across the front of the aquarium, next to me. She's mainly a teal-ish green, but in the right light she turns a deep royal blue, and has red on her fins!

I always go for the ones with some personality! The ones flaring at the next cup or dancing around when someone comes near. For one, I just love a fish with personality, and for two, all that energy is a good hint that they are in good health.

That's a pretty female. I think you made a good choice!

That's exactly what I thought! I loved the colors of the male, he was gorgeous, but he just seemed to float around lazily. When I saw her, she followed my finger and was always moving around, and it was so fun watching her. I'm so happy with my choice. :)

I like the names Malia, Lucy, Sadie, Claire, Addison, Jade, Marcie, Maci, Mercury!

I actually love Jade! I think it suits her colors and her personality perfectly. :)

I justed looked at your pictures again and It's crazy how much my betta looks like yours!! heres a pic of her
image-2268161780.jpg
EDIT: excuse her stress stripes she had just been introduced to a new tank right before this picture was taken... she has also changed the same color as your girl but I can't capture it on camera

Back
Top Bottom