Betta ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B. imbellis, B. smaragdina or perhaps a Plakat mohr. (That last is a bit of a stretch for me, but the front of her body seems a bit broad which is where that possibility arises.)

-Mac- said:
B. imbellis, B. smaragdina or perhaps a Plakat mohr. (That last is a bit of a stretch for me, but the front of her body seems a bit broad which is where that possibility arises.)

My bust guess was the imbellis because it's more docile and doesn't attack any fish (even my gourami!) but I will look up the other two spieces as well. I'll try posting a better pic.

If it's B.imbellis I'd make certain there's plenty of cover. My pair spend an astonishing amount of time in the plant life or under the rock. They are quite shy but when they come out, so charming and curious. It's a delight.

Yep I have seen pics online and it is definitely b. imbellis! Where do you suggest I find a male if they want to pair up??? I am giving her to my cousin soon because with an angel pair in the currently planned tank idk if she and her partner would make it, do LFS usually sale males???

My lfs had them and so I just got one of each and they are the cutest, duo. I'd just shop the local shops if all else fails, aquabid, yes? The pictures there are misleading however, I discovered that my guys had their stripes for two days, but once they were over it, they coloured up nicely.

Back
Top Bottom