Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Rxblade123
Betta in 10 Gallon?

I want to put a Betta in my planted 10 gallon. In the 10 gallon is 2 otos, 1 SAE , 1 mysterious fish my friend gave me (Has one black line through its body going horizontally, thin and kinda like a kind of danio, but unsure only 1.5 inch) and 1 dwarf puffer. I haven't seen the dwarf puffer do anything to the other fish in the tank, but will adding a betta cause the dwarf puffer to nip at it's fins? I tried putting the betta in the 46 gallon, but my angel fish kept nipping at its fins, and I don't want to put it in my other 10 gallon because there is a kenyi cichlid in there. The Betta is currently in a 1 gallon and it doesn't get much room. (Well more room than in the lfs) So just wondering if I could keep the betta in the 10g planted.

Old 04-13-2005, 12:16 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to megladonsharky Send a message via MSN to megladonsharky Send a message via Yahoo to megladonsharky
What kind of puffer>>?? most need brackish h2o... I have a male betta is a 9 gallon with a pitbull pleco and drarf cories ... used to have white clouds with him but they like the cooler h2o

3-4 gallon with 80gph ... Planted lightly three white clouds ( Birtha Clara and Delila) and some snails (mainly melodys snacks)

9 gallon with 130gph , heated with male betta (Trafalger RIP)Kaden ( a male betta)has moved in, pygmy cory (MaMa) , pitbull pleco(Metal), three preacox rainbows( Annabel, Glitter and Mondo) and various snails...
megladonsharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:36 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

It's a dwarf puffer lol. Freshwater. Not sure bout the scientific name.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:36 AM   #4
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
It would be a bad idea to put a betta with a puffer, I would definitely not even try it.
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
RoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 03:55 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I would not recommend adding a betta to that tank.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to megos1
I would just put the betta in his own place for now. He wouldn't mix too well with the puffer, they're little but mean.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:49 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

and a true SAE is gonna outgrow a 10gallon very quickly.

If its a true dwarf puffer, then it's FW and not brackish.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:11 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Alright, I guess the Betta will have to wait on a better home. I will move my SAE into the 46 if it gets too big for the 10 gallon.

Tags
10 gallon, betta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com