Betta in 10 Gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to put a Betta in my planted 10 gallon. In the 10 gallon is 2 otos, 1 SAE , 1 mysterious fish my friend gave me (Has one black line through its body going horizontally, thin and kinda like a kind of danio, but unsure only 1.5 inch) and 1 dwarf puffer. I haven't seen the dwarf puffer do anything to the other fish in the tank, but will adding a betta cause the dwarf puffer to nip at it's fins? I tried putting the betta in the 46 gallon, but my angel fish kept nipping at its fins, and I don't want to put it in my other 10 gallon because there is a kenyi cichlid in there. The Betta is currently in a 1 gallon and it doesn't get much room. (Well more room than in the lfs) So just wondering if I could keep the betta in the 10g planted.

What kind of puffer>>?? most need brackish h2o... I have a male betta is a 9 gallon with a pitbull pleco and drarf cories ... used to have white clouds with him but they like the cooler h2o

It would be a bad idea to put a betta with a puffer, I would definitely not even try it.

I would just put the betta in his own place for now. He wouldn't mix too well with the puffer, they're little but mean. :wink:

and a true SAE is gonna outgrow a 10gallon very quickly.

If its a true dwarf puffer, then it's FW and not brackish.

Alright, I guess the Betta will have to wait on a better home. I will move my SAE into the 46 if it gets too big for the 10 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom