Betta In Community Tank-- test run!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
absolutangel04 said:
Maybe I am intoxicated, but I think you said you turn down the bubbles at night?

Yes but after our conversation this morning and without getting a control valve today I don't want to turn them off because of the consistent oxygen exchange I've had all day... LOL

Ok. I was asking because now I can say, I bet they like having the bubbles on since they are not on all the time. My fish used to play in the stream, but I think they got used to it being there and I don't see them do it anymore. I wonder if they would play in it again if I turned it off for awhile? :) Its so fun to watch them play in there, especially when my huge angels would do it. Lol.

absolutangel04 said:
Ok. I was asking because now I can say, I bet they like having the bubbles on since they are not on all the time. My fish used to play in the stream, but I think they got used to it being there and I don't see them do it anymore. I wonder if they would play in it again if I turned it off for awhile? :) Its so fun to watch them play in there, especially when my huge angels would do it. Lol.

Makes sense!
I sometimes would have it off during day for periods because I'd see them all on the opposite side of the tank for long period seemingly staying away from the bubbles.

absolutangel04 said:
What a cool picture! Glad to she her still doing well, even if she being a bit of a creeper. Lol.

Haha.. She's got such a personality! She swims up to glass and turns her head as if she's listening to me and shifts her eyes up to look at me... :)
Yea... I'd guess She's certainly the main reason I had 0 survival from Cruella's gigantic belly last month... Cruella was bigger than ever before and her biggest I saved were 44... I guess she has 60 or so... Woke up to skinny Molly and everyone pooping black.. (always sign babies were born) :-(

Needless to say I love her for putting up with me keeping her in a .94 gal "Betta Container" for many months before I knew how cruel it was. I remember thinking at least she wasn't in the cup anymore... But later I learned I had only upgraded her from the equivalent of a dog crate to a small dog run to live in... Now she's in a Betta Mansion :)
She grew right away a good 1/2" longer and thicker and fuller within 3-4 wks after moving in to the 29g... I'm very happy with her and hope she lives a long healthy life... Hoping she's going to reach full potential... She's 2 1/2" from tip of nose to tip of fin.. I got her in July and she was the tiniest betta I've ever seen on a shelf...
She's my gorgeous girl and I'm the most attached to her than any betta ever... She's also my first female :)

Back
Top Bottom